After the success of the PB+J bars from the other day, I needed to use up the rest of the jar of crunchy peanut butter and came across this recipe from Rachel Allen. They are rather tasty! I always have spotty brown bananas ready to be used up as well.
Banana & Peanut Butter Muffins (makes 12 large muffins)
275g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
150g light brown sugar
2 ripe bananas (approx 200g), peeled and mashed
125g crunchy peanut butter
50g melted butter
1. Preheat your oven to 190 degrees and pop your muffin cases into your muffin tray.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flour, oats and baking powder. Set aside.
3. Whisk your eggs in a clean bowl and then add the sugar. Add the mashed banana, peanut butter and melted butter and stir until it’s all combined. Next, add the milk and stir again.
4. Now gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet bowl. Try not to over mix!
5. Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cases and bake for 18-24 minutes (depending on how efficient your oven is). When they are done, the tops should spring back when touched.